“Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.” — Pamela Dugdale
I am blessed to have four incredible people in my life. They are my three sisters and my baby brother. When you have as many siblings as I do, there is never a dull moment. Each and every one of us have different talents and personalities. I am extra lucky because each and everyone of my siblings have hearts of gold. It is a lot of pressure to be the oldest of five kids. So today, I dedicated these words to the four people I love most in the world:
- Be Yourself. Because each and every one of your are freaking amazing.
- “If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough”. Remember this quote and follow your dreams no matter what.
- Find someone that not only loves you but puts YOU first. You all are always taking care of others. You deserve to be treated like royalty.
- YOU. ARE. BEAUTIFUL.
- Don’t ever change. Any of you. You all have the best sense of humor and wander. If anyone tries to change anything about you, it’s time to let them go.
- Enjoy your money but make sure you always have a savings account set aside for emergencies (and spontaneous adventures).
- I am not perfect. So when I mess up, continue to correct me and I promise to continue to do the same.
- We are not always going to see eye-to-eye. But never forget: I love you all unconditionally. There is absolutely nothing you can say or do that I cannot forgive (yes, I did quote Jane the Virigin lol).
- Take care of yourselves. Seriously. Make sure you are taking your vitamins and excerising (I need to work on this myself).
- Finally, thank you for making me the amazing person I am today. All of my success in the past few years is because you all have kept me smiling and laughing.
When you get to your twenties, it’s not just your blood that keeps you grounded. Sometimes, your closest friends also become your sibling as well. To my incredible extended family, thank you for believing and standing by me all these years. All of my siblings bring out the absolute best in me. I am grateful to have family from the Philippines, Italy, Barbados, Honduras and even Ireland. Love you guys! Happy National Siblings Day! <3