Giving Tuesday + other charitable gifts you can give back this holiday season

timeless-optimist-fashion-blog-giving-tuesday-amazon-alex-and-ani-tomstimeless-optimist-fashion-blog-giving-tuesday-petite-fashion-j-crewtimeless-optimist-fashion-blog-giving-tuesday-petite-fashion-j-crew-sweatertimeless-optimist-fashion-blog-petite-fashion-giving-tuesday-blank-nyc-moto-suede-jacket-nordstromtimeless-optimist-fashion-blog-petite-fashion-nordstrom-blank-nyc-moto-suded-jacket

Hi loves! We had a chance to enjoy some amazing deals yesterday and now it’s time to each of us to make a difference on Giving Tuesday.  Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. It is a day to remind us that giving back to our community, nation, and overseas is easier that we might think. I did a blog post earlier in the year about charitable gifts that you can give.

Here are some ideas on how you can give back:

Volunteer your time

Time is money and that is a phrase I am coming to appreciate more and more over the years. Consider giving up a day in the next week weekends to help out a organization in need. If you are passionate about animals, see if you can volunteer at a local animal shelter. Fellow fashion lovers, consider donating some old clothes from your closets to organizations like Dress to Success.

Give gifts that give back

TOMS

As I mentioned earlier, you can give gifts while making a difference at the same time. TOMS is a company that I admire. Every product they sell provides someone in need with a better life. For every pair of shoes sold, another is given away to others overseas. Sunglasses sold give the gift of sight by providing medical professionals and eye surgery to restore eye sight. Additionally, every back pack that is sold provides funding for anti-bullying initiatives here in the United States.

ALEX AND ANI

Alex and Ani is well known for their unique jewelry pieces. Did you also know that they also have specific bangles that give back to the UNICEF, March of Dimes,Toys for Tots, Alex’s Lemonade Stand  and more? Purchasing these bands will not only make great gifts but also help to make a difference to the charity that is dearest to your heart. If you are low on funds, not to worry. Alex and Ani will give back for you interact with them for their Giving Tuesday posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.  Starting retweeting and commenting away. For every comment, Alex and Ani are donating $1 to the Make A Wish Foundation!

Donate

This holiday season is always one of the most charitable one. That being said, there are a lot of opportunities to donate old coats, shoes and clothes to come who can really use them. In fact, your old Amazon boxes can be put to good use. Simply use an old Amazon box and fill it with items you want to donate. Then go to GiveBackBox.com to print out your free label. Let your box out for UPS or USPS to deliver your box to charity!

SHOP MY LOOK

Jacket: Nordstrom // Sweater: J.Crew // Skirt: OLD; similar at Express // Boots: Nordstrom

About the blog

Timeless Optimist is a petite fashion, beauty & lifestyle blog by Cristina Medina. This page focuses on creative storytelling, photography and positivity.

30 Comments

1. 11.28.17

Cute look. You look so pretty!

Kara Aragon

2. 11.28.17
    Danielle said:

I always make it a point to give back during the holidays and love companies that do so too!

xx, Danielle | Pineapple & Prosecco

3. 11.28.17
    Cathy said:

Love products with a cause. Your jacket is so cute!!

XOXO
    Cathy

4. 11.28.17

Love that suede moto jacket! And volunteering more of my time was definitely a top goal for me this year!

• 11.28.17
      Cristina said:

That’s awesome love! I need to work on that myself. We all have time we can spare right?

5. 11.29.17
    Maggie said:

Such a wonderful post! I love that you’ve shared this!

6. 11.29.17

This is amazing! I love that jacket girl!! xo

7. 11.29.17
    Anna English said:

Giving Tuesday is one of my favorite days of the year!

8. 11.29.17

I sometimes wish Giving Tuesday would come BEFORE Black Friday and Cyber Monday, that way people were more obligated to donate their funds – instead of feeling like they just spent every dime doing their shopping. But thankfully, a lot of the places you shared let you shop and donate simultaneously, so it’s like multi-tasking!

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

I am glad you liked the post! Yes, I agree. Buying items that also give back makes it so easy to help others in need. xx

9. 11.29.17

I love that Giving Tuesday is a thing, more people need to give back rather than splurging so much on Cyber Monday & Black Friday. I know as a blogger and a boutique owner i shouldn’t really say that because those are two big days for me but I think people get too caught up in themselves especially this time of year. PS i love your moto jacket!
    xo,
    Taylor | http://www.styleiseverythingblog.com | http://www.sieboutique.com

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to say at all, Taylor! If anything, your generosity is what is going to build lasting relationships with your readers and customers. It’s always good to know (as a customer) that we are more that just a number. xx

10. 11.29.17
    Lacey said:

Such a great post. Even day should be Giving Tuesday.

xo
    L
    A Lacey Perspective

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

I agree Lacey! There is so much good that each and everyone of us can do for our communities. xx

11. 11.30.17
    Ashley said:

I love Giving Tuesday! Such a great reminder to give back! I love this look too!!

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

I agree Ashley! It’s amazing how much good we all can do during the holiday season. xx

12. 11.30.17
    roxyturtle said:

Those are great Giving Tuesday ideas! There is something about this time of year that makes me feel extra generous. I love donating to holiday toy drives and the like. This post is such a timely reminder!

Love your outfit, such a cute jacket!!

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

Aww I am so glad love! I agree, this is the time of year to give back in any way we can. xx

13. 11.30.17

I try to make a point to shop with brands who offer charitable opportunities! I DIFF, and Warby Parker are both great additions!

Birdie Shoots

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

Oh that is so? I had no idea these brands gave back. That is good to know!

14. 11.30.17
    Victoria said:

i love toms! such a good way to give back!!

• 11.30.17
      Cristina said:

Yes I agree Victoria! I have admired TOMS since they first went into business because of their dedication to give back. xx

15. 11.30.17

I had no idea these stores give back like this. It makes me love them even more!

16. 11.30.17

I love this post! So important to remember to give & receive this time of year. I always enjoy shopping more when I know it gives back as well.

• 12.1.17
      Cristina said:

Isn’t it great? There such is a lot of good and generosity in this world that’s for sure! xx

17. 12.4.17
    Molly said:

Those ruffles are such a cute touch! Love the gifts that also give back.

18. 12.4.17
    lovelysilvia said:

Shopping and giving back is everyone girls dream! I love your jacket btw!

19. 12.6.17
    sarasab said:

This was such a great reminder for myself, as it was a goal of mine to volunteer more this year and I didn’t happen, so that has moved to the top of my list for 2018!

20. 12.6.17

These are great ideas! Also, I adore that sweater you’re wearing!

Tif

21. 12.7.17

Love all of these ways to give back!

XO,Tay