Did any of you get the change to check out the Met Gala a last week? I always enjoy watching the red carpet on TV. At the Met Gala, you can expect all sort of crazy and elegant pieces to be worn by celebrities. This year, Priyanka Chopra graced 2017’s Met Gala in a trench coat dress that featured a long train and black booties. Talk about reinventing trench coats in a new way!
It is no secret that trench coats are an essential piece to your wardrobe. In fact, if you are in search for a new trench coat, I have some of my ones you can purchase here. Needless to say, I found a piece that certainly reinvents how trench coat styled pieces can be worn! The dress that I found from this post is by Banana Republic. It’s selling out fast online so I do recommend that you head to your local Banana Republic boutique if you are invested in this piece. The style of this dress can also be purchase in a chambray options as well! have also linked details on accessories you can add to this look as well on the links below. Happy shopping!
Thank you Belkin Images Photography for the photographs and for sponsoring this post!
Yes, you are reading this caption right lol! Wearing gingham can be tricky if not styled correctly. But not to worry! You can wear gingham effortlessly. For my look, I decided to opt for a simple straw clutch. Gingham looks extra chic when you add the right pops of color to your favorite gingham piece. For this look, I decided to add lemon print bandana from JCrew to be used as hair band. The pops of yellow with the gingham print of my dress make for a perfect spring look. To complete my look, I choose my favorite pair of lace up flats. I have also linked some additional ways you can wear gingham confidently! How do you style gingham print? Feel free to let me know by leaving a comment below!
Photos by Belkin Images
Bloggers and fashionistas alike love to add pops of red when they are wearing gingham. Pair a gingham top with white jeans and espadrilles for a casual (but stylish) look!
For a fun summer look, add your favorite body suit with a gingham skirt. Add some additional red accents for a chic look that will also keep you cool.
You did it! All of your hard work has finally paid off. Finally, after all those nights of cram sessions and writing papers, the end is in sight. Graduating from college is an incredible experience. So once you receive your diploma, where do you go from here? I will be the first to admit that I felt a little lost after college (it did take up a big part of your life after all!) This is what I have learned one year after graduation:
- Everyone’s journey is different. As such, do not get discouraged if you are not hired into your dream job right away. Without getting into a messy subject like politics, the fact remains: our job market is not strong. Meaning, jobs are scarce. Take advantage of internship opportunities NOW to help you gain experience in your industry. Your dreams will not come true if you do not work hard to achieve them.
- Stay educated. Are you having a hard time getting interviews with companies? You are not alone. In order to stand out against hundreds of applicants, you need to be unique. I encourage all graduates to get certifications. You would be so surprised as to how many certifications you can earn (for free) online. If you are a business or marketing graduate, be sure to check out Hubspot for formidable certifications to add to your resume.
- Try something new. When I graduated from college, I was at a loss. I was finished with school but found myself with so much extra time (more than what I knew to do with). I found myself being bored so I decided to seek a challenge: I started a fashion blog. I did not do too much research. I simply chose to start my blog and figured I would learn the ropes from there. And learn I did! I now have experience with running a blog on WordPress, manage several social media outlets and have had the chance to connect with so many professionals in the blogging community. So, always challenge yourself by trying something new. You will be amazed with all you accomplish!
- Don’t let anyone tell you how to live your life. People always have their opinions on how you should proceed with your life after college. There is a lot we can learn from our parents and grandparents. But let’s face it, we are facing much different circumstances than our parents and grandparents did when they graduated from college. So as you proceed with finding the right job (or starting your own business), take what your loved ones say with a grain of salt. At the end of the day, YOU need to make decisions on how your life is going to be moving forward.
- It’s ok if you are still living at home after college. I just LOVE when people complain that millennials are still living at home with their parents implying that all millennials are lazy. And by love, I mean I have to make an effort not to let my blood boil when I hear this. Yes. Some of us have to live at home for a while because we want to be RESPONSIBLE. Some of us want to pay down our students loans or save a little before getting married or get a new house. Graduates, just because you cannot move out right away that does not mean you are a failure. Life can get pretty expensive! So be picky when you select your next job. Make sure that you not only find a job that compensates you well but also appreciates you as an asset-not just as a number. Also recognize that you are not alone. Many of us have to live at home before getting on our feet. It’s ok! Like I said before, everyone’s journey is different.
- Celebrate all victories (big and small). We college graduates are far too hard on ourselves. We have accomplished so much to finally receive our diploma. And trust me, you will continue to break down barriers if you choose to do so. The journey is not over from here. Whether you get a promotion or surprise yourself when you manage to stay calm in the face of a nasty customer, be kinder to yourself by celebrating all of your victories. Success is a long process and how one measure success depends on the individual. For example, I do not view success by how much money I make. To be, success comes from doing work that is meaningful. Most importantly, success is having a job that does not feel like work at all.
Love what you do and you will never work a day in your life – Confucius
Congrats class of 2017!
April has certainly been a month of excitement. This month, I had the exciting surprise to see that I was featured in Instyle’s May 2017 magazine! We also had a chance to celebrate Earth Day while also being reminded to make every day Earth Day. Thanks to the return of warmer weather, I got a chance to whip out my spring wardrobe and even a maxi dress on a hot, summer like day! Here is a short recap on some of my favorite looks from last month.
Top: SOLD OUT ; similar here // Purse: LC Lauren Conrad // Shoes: Converse
Dress: Felicity and Coco // Shoes: Steve Madden // Hat: similar here // Clutch: similar here
Dress: Kate Spade // Shoes: JLO by Jennifer Lopez // Purse: LC Lauren Conrad // Earrings: Swarovski
Top: Loft // Jeans: Loft // Shoes: Kate Spade // Bag: LC Lauren Conrad // Denim jacket: Kut From the Kloth
Top: similar here // Skirt: Banana Republic // Shoes: Hinge // Clutch: similar here
Hi loves! The weekend is so close, I can taste it! This weekend, choose to whip out one of your favorite cold shoulder tops. The one I have featured in this post is by Wayf. During this transition to spring to summer, we are still facing nights that call for a jacket (for this look, I whipped out my favorite vegan leather jacket). My jeans are by 7 for all Mankind and are great for petite women. I am not exaggerating when I say these jean fit like a glove! For date night, I love to use my favorite suede boots before it becomes too hot to wear them again. Check out some of my other favorite cold shoulder tops below that you will be sure to fall in love with.
Cold shoulder tops
Cold shoulder dresses