I can’t believe 2018 is almost gone. Everyone I know has been through their fair share of ups and downs to say the least. There have been so many blessings and stresses that we got to embrace this year. But we did it. One way or another, we made it.
I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for your kind words and support. You all have brought so much light into my life even when times got tough. It is my hope that I can also return the favor to you in 2019. As the year comes to close, I wanted to take time to reflect on the victories and failures that faced in 2018. This is a time to look back (just this once) to learn, grow and be better in the new year.
I like to save the best for last 😉 We all have goals that we set for ourselves each and every year. So here are a few of the failures I faced this year:
- I did not grow on social media as much as I had hoped. It was my goal to be at 1K on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest by the end of 2018. Additionally, it was my goal to have 5K in Instagram friends along with growing my e-mail list. None of these happened.
- I didn’t end up finding a therapist like I had originally planned to do earlier in the year. Not taking the time to do so has taken a decent toll on my mental health.
- It was my goal to grow my saving account this year – and I am nowhere near my original goal.
- Being a better friend was also a personal goal of mine. I am not always the best at keeping in touch with the people I love. They deserve better and I failed them a lot this year.
- After having kidney stones this past summer shortly after my birthday this year, I pushed myself to go back to work even when I physically should not have. Doing so has left my heart with a lot of anger since I might not have healed properly.
But this year, I did have victories
- One of my biggest goals was to network with more bloggers and professionals in the influencer industry. And I was able to check this goal off my list this year. I had to a chance to reconnect with personal friends like Karen from Paris and A Latte plus meet mega influencers like Caila Quinn and Olivia Rink!
- After four years, I made a shift in my career. I left my receptionist job to pursue a career in sales (it’s always hard for me to leave the businesses I work for. I stayed in my retail job at Kohls for 5 years before I left). Sales is a hard profession but so far so good!
- There is no room for negativity in my life anymore. Earlier this year, I made the decision to cut people in my life that putting limiting beliefs in my head or frankly, we not supportive. I don’t have time for people who do not give me the love and support that I give to them in return.
- The hopeless romantic in me is speaking now: I celebrated 7 years with my man this year! Ah! Every bad romance and heartbreak no longer matter because I have true happiness with someone who makes me feel whole every day.
- It’s nice to be recognized but it is even better when the brands you love the most give you some love. LC Lauren Conrad and TargetStyle featured me on their stories this year along with #WeAllGrowLatina. Needless to say, I did a lot of happy dances this year.
- While I did not pitch to as many brands as I had wanted to this year, I did get to work with some incredible brands I love like Clinique, Dove and newer brands like ThirdLove and Solgaard.
So despite all the failures, I’d have to say 2018 turned out well! All my victories from 2018 are what I am going to take into 2019. I hope you do the same. May 2019 bring you all good health, prosperity and endless joy. Love you all to pieces.