Sharing details on how I am managing quarantine alone along with my watch list + tips to avoid over eating
Hi loves! One way or another, quarantine has impacted out lives. As such, we need to make the most of our new norms for the time being. Today, I wanted to share some of my tips on how I am managing quarantine alone. For the time being, I am not staying with anyone besides me, myself and I. While this may seem daunting, I have take this time alone as an opportunity to grow from my time alone.
How I am staying in touch with friends & family
- FaceTime wine and coffee dates
- House Party – it’s an interactive app that allows you to play games through your phone or computer.
- GamePigeon via Iphone Messages – those games get intense! To make the game more fun, FaceTime your friends as you play the game. The game gets loud fast!
- ZOOM calls
How I am keeping myself over eating:
- Stay hydrated: drinking lots of water
- Portion controlling everything I eat. Even my snacks.
- Exercising – whether it’s meditation or yoga, I’m keeping my body busy to stop myself from eating out of boredom.
- Check out my Tiktok that explains 3 ways to avoid eating during quarantine
What I’m watching on Netflix
- On my Block – an all Latino cast with a great, suspensive story that has lots of heart too?! Yes please
- Jane the Virgin – I’ve seen this show over and over. It makes me laugh, has lots of heart and is well written.
- Ozark – suspensive and highly recommended. It’s going to be hard for me not to binge this series in one day!
- Tiger King – by far the most ridiculous thing I have seen but super entertaining lol.
- The Good Place – it’s smart and it’s funny.
- Once Upon a Time – a show I can watch over and over again.
What I am watching on Amazon Prime:
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – I’ve been missing out to say the least!
- White Chicks – classic and hilarious
- She was Pretty – a Korean soap opera that one of my friends got me hooked out. The only down side is you have to buy the 1st episode then the rest are free.
- The Birdcage – you can’t go wrong with a Robin Williams movie.
- Funny Face – a classic Audrey Hepburn movie that is just as charming as she is.
What I am watching on Disney+
- Moana – my feel good go-to movie
- Frozen 2 – Olaf is so funny in this one
- Onward – it’s on Disney+ as of Friday, April 3!
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum – he’s so wonderfully weird which makes the show such a delight to watch.
Being quarantined alone can be a great opportunity for self-growth. By staying connected with friends and family, I don’t feel alone. Don’t get me wrong, there are some days were I struggle with staying positive. Let’s face it, it come with the territory of uncertainty and fear we are all dealing with. In addition to staying in touch with my closest friends, I make an effort to eat well and exercise to keep myself busy.
Fortunately, I am still able to meet with my therapist virtually. Every week, I am sharing notes from my therapy sessions each week on my Instagram. Feel free to check them out and if you have any questions you would like me to address with my therapist, let me know! I’m here to help. Stay safe loves!
Feel free to check out my latest quarantine skincare obsession with Farmacy products!